1) Submit your very basic info on our contact page such as date, kind of event, etc.
2) Complete the basic questionnaire that auto-sends to your email. This should only take a minute or two.
3) Select your package options on the pricing document. This form is emailed to you as soon as you complete the first questionnaire. You can also click on the contract to read thru the details. The contract is attached to the pricing document. Click on "Accept".
4) Schedule your first consultation if you would like to discuss your options. We can meet by phone or in person. You can find a time slot to call or meet on the email sent or on our contact page. This can also occur after booking.
5) Sign the digital contract after you accept your price quote. Be sure to read our policies first. Once signed an invoice will be send and a first payment will be due.
6) Send your deposit within a week after receiving your invoice. Once, we receive the payment and send a receipt, you will also receive an email with your final event planning questionnaire.
7) Complete the final planning questionnaire with plenty of time before your event.
8) Schedule your final consultation to occur within two weeks of your event. Texting will be best to make final confirmation of any meetings. Your final payment is due prior to the event date.
9) Following the event please sent us any comments or online review of your experience.
Often times, the hired DJ is also the MC at a wedding reception or event. But these are actually two very different roles. A great DJ does not equal a great MC (master of ceremonies). A wedding reception requires a MC who can also DJ. Later in the evening, the wedding dance party requires a DJ who can also MC.
Let's break these down a bit. The role of MC requires a lot of microphone usage, event planning skills, understanding of timing, reading the client's needs, keeping the event on schedule, flexibility, and a strong stage presence. The role of DJ can vary from a skilled turntablist or open format DJ who is energized and dancey to someone who just plays thru a prescribed set list with a laptop and iTunes while seated behind a table. I've seen both. A great DJ knows lots of styles of music genres and lots of decades of each, and offers well thought out musical entertainment. But a great MC knows how to engage a crowd, move amongst the crowd, be in the right spot before, during and after the ceremony and reception, and fit in well with the bridesmaids and groomsmen, sometimes step in where needed to make the event better, and make the bride and groom the center of the attention. The MC kicks off the reception with a bang from the first moment and runs the plan efficiently, tactfully and happily. Then, the bride & groom and wedding party can totally enjoy the night themselves and not worry about anything.
While the DJ is the one most often hired, not all DJ's are competent to MC well. When the dance party is over, people often forget to mention how well the reception itself ran between all the elements from start to finish. It's the MC who sets the stage for a fun evening of music, dancing and celebration while providing excellent customer service.
Contact us today to find your next professional DJ/MC!
MicDrop is a relatively young company, with a beyond BIG potential. The amount of momentum we have this early in 2019 is humongous compared to last year. Our staff is growing and we will all be on hand to meet you in a public venue this Sunday!
Here are 13 Tips For attending a bridal show according to WeddingWire. The full article is linked HERE with plenty of links therein.
We are excited to meet some prospective brides this weekend at the Courier Bridal Expo in Findlay! More info at www.courierbridal.com.
Is it possible to be a professional at parties? ABSOLUTELY! Event planners make a living at meticulously planning your event with flowers, decor, table settings, and intinerary. However, the one thing that seems to be overlooked is what goes on in the transitions and establishing the general vibe of the room.
Picture this...Your wedding ceremony is finished, and it is time to get to the celebration of the day. You and your newly wed spouse walk into the room and no one even notices it?! The entire wedding party sits at the head table and then people realize they missed the entry. There is an awkward moment of silence and then an even more awkward “do we eat now?” feeling in the air.
Now, picture this...The ceremony is over and you and your newly wed spouse are waiting to enter the room. A well thought-out music list is playing in the background to add ambience to the reception space. Lights are dim and a light illuminates your entryway when the cue is given.
The music changes and the DJ/MC is ready to announce the wedding party pair by pair. Everyone stands and applauds as the wedding party struts into the room and makes their way to the head table. There is another shift in music and you know the big moment has arrived to emerge into the room and make your appearance as a newlywed couple. The DJ/MC announces both you and your spouse to the crowd with a giant voice. You enter the door and your reception is amazing! All of your loved ones applaud as you make your way to the head table to have a seat, or to the dance floor to display your coolest dance moves together.
You look around the reception area as you walk. The head table is back lit and fore lit with the closely matching the colors of your wedding, the cake is elegantly highlighted with downlighting from the DJ’s light rig, and the dance floor area shines with your pre-designed wedding logo. It’s so perfect it’s almost magical! Who made this happen?
At MicDrop Productions, we are more than just DJ’s. Our team meticulously plans out the minor details with you before we even get to the big day. We want to partner with you to help you plan out every moment and make the celebration of your perfect day just as magical as your wedding ceremony.
You spend months planning out all the details of your wedding, so your reception party is where you should be able to relax and enjoy your new life as a couple. For that matter, you want to remember the special dances with just the right lighting so the photos capture the special time forever. Carefully planned full-room lighting can highlight and prepare areas for photos that you may not think of like the cake cutting photo, father daughter dance, mother son dance, the shoe game, garter and bouquet toss, all accomplished while adding a degree of sophistication and flare to your special day.
Nowadays, it seems that anyone with a Spotify account and a couple of speakers can say they're a DJ. But wouldn’t you want a crew that thinks through all the possible nuances of your wedding day, and offers you all the options you may not have thought about? Experience your favorite life soundtrack with a MicDrop DJ, and experience how MicDrop Productions can bring the boom to your room!